Happy International Nursing Day!
Today is a great way to show appreciation for all of the nurses in your life, and recognize all of the contributions they make to society each and every day.
It’s also a great time to have a laugh about all the funny things that happen when you’re a nurse. Check out our list!
You know you’re a nurse when:
- You can drink a pot of coffee then go home and go to bed
- You watch America’s Funniest Home Videos and you can only see the people as injured patients and can’t laugh
- You listen to everyone’s ailments
- You replace words with medical abbreviations during conversations with family and friends
- You can only tell time with a 24 hour clock
- Your idea of fine dining is anywhere you can sit down to eat
- You start every conversation with, “So today at work there was this really gross thing…”
- You have your weekends off planned a year in advance
- You believe, in medicine, to always remember never to say always and never
- Not only does your watch tell the time but it has a pulse timer that will count in 5, 10, 15, 30 and 60 second intervals and will take your blood pressure
- You are going out to dinner or somewhere nice and realize you have no nice clothes but 500 pairs of scrubs in every color, style, and print available
- You’ve run out of linens, syringes, IV fluid, meds and patience all at the same time
- You think pizza, cookies and coke make a balanced meal
- You can read a doctor’s handwriting
- You’ve learned to celebrate holidays at creative times
- You love your job despite the hardships that you have to face every day
Whether you’re a practical nurse, a nurse practitioner, or a registered nurse…thank you for all you do!
If you haven’t already, sign up for free samples for your clinic here!